Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 12, 2015

WINNERS - Challenge #5 - Mixed Media Makeover

Niki here....Well hello there and thank you all so very much for your continued support here at Anything But Cute! Today is the day our winner of our Mixed Media Makeover Challenge is announced! First, I want to give a huge round of applause to each and every one of you lovely artists that shared your makeovers with us! Take a bow and give yourself a pat on the back because you have more than outdone yourselves! I loved looking at the Before pictures to see how you did your makeover. You are all awesome sauce!

After much debate in my head and a lot of talking to myself (it helps with the creative process!), I have chosen the winner:

WINNER: #7-Helen
This design caught my attention from the get-go and it got even better when I read the rest of Helen's blog post! Her before picture showcased a more muted color palette and a piece she wasn't happy with. From that to the end result is an amazing transformation! I love the way the heart is broken, and maybe on the mend, with the small criss-crossed wire and that corrugated heart is awesome sauce! Such wonderful texture on those three panels! Wowzers!

Congratulations Helen! Pamellia will be contacting you via email to send you your personalized winner's badge and details about being our Featured Artist for the next challenge!

***
And now for my Runner-Up



#20-Sheila 
What I loved most about Sheila's design is how many pieces she used to create this makeover! She used 5, yeppers, 5 different makeover designs to create this journal page! She embraced this challenge with such enthusiasm and gusto and it feels like she had a wonderful time doing so. Each piece was awesome by themselves and when she put all 5 together it turned out fantabulous!

***
Now on to our DT Favourites



Branka's Favourite#18 Deborah Wainwright

This beautiful creation cought my eye because I love that watercolor effect! The background is just fabulous and those Bistres are wonderful! Also, loving the colours and white highlights! Awesome transformation!


Cec's Favourite - #10 Sandra Crosfield
I chose this transformed canvas because it now has a colour palette that is more appealing (at least to me) than the original. I also love how it now has a lot more textural elements and things to look at while keeping the word Create as the focal point.


Pamellia's Favourite15. Strangely Creative
Cathryn really caught my eye with her fantasy piece. She has layered a mini canvas onto her large canvas creating a gorgeous 3D work of art. Her use of wax to create texture and interest is fabulous and her whimsical image made me smile. A wonderful transformation from the cutsie piece this started out as.


Samra's Favourite -#8 Ivonne Yam
Ivonne made this gorgeous canvas that is so very much mixed media, yet so very much leaning towards shabby chic, which is my favorite style of crafting. That antique frame, pretty roses and vintage images inside the frame stole my heart.


Sara Emily's Favourite# 32 Joi

I really wish I could pick more than one favorite, because I had many! But in the end, Joi's Leaf On Serenity Lane canvas won me over.  Admittedly, her rejected canvas started out on the wrong foot, but she took the lemon and made lemonade!  And what sweet lemonade it is!  Who wouldn't want to take a walk down her beautiful autumn path! What a joy that would be!

***
We would like to take a minute to send out a warm welcome to a new member of the blogging community. It's always great to see a new 'face' and we are tickled to have another talented mixed media artist to join the world of on-line crafting.

From the entire team at Anything But Cute...Welcome
THE DESI-CRAFTER

We hope to see much more of your gorgeous work in the future!

***
A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter Sara Emily's current challenge 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Helen, Sheila, Deborah, Sandra, Cathryn, Ivonne, and Joi!!! You are all my favorites! And I could add to that list! I hope you and everyone else who participated in this challenge will enter my challenge this month--31 Days of Halloween. I can't wait to see what you will create! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for choosing my piece, what an enormous surprise. It was a great theme, right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! Thank you so very much!!! I am truly surprised!!!

    And congrats to everyone else, you are all so talented!!!! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou! I am thrilled! Am working on my Halloween entry - its a lovely challenge blog and I so enjoy entering. Well done to you all for putting it all together and the huge amount of work it does take. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathryn! I can't wait to see your 31 Days of Halloween entry!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations ladies!!! I love the autumn painting from Joi, that's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so humbled to be chosen as a DT favourite with my Autumn canvas redo. Thanks bunches and bunches Sara and also to Anything But Cute for the opportunity to share my art. Thinking of you Pamellia as you get settled in your new home and new studio!

    ALL the entries were so interesting this time. I sooo enjoyed seeing how folks did the remakes. EVERYONE did such amazing things with this challenge. CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and to the DT favourites too. Fabulous creating! Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so welcome, Joi! You just know it's a great piece of work when it evokes an instant emotional reaction! This is one of them! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I'm honoured that I was chosen by Branka as her favourite, thank you so much and for your lovely comment. Thank you also to Pameila and the DT Who are so talented for their wonderful inspiration. I'd also like to say hi to all my peers who entered and big congrats to the winners. Hugs to all Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally! زيادة لايكات انستقرام

    ReplyDelete